International Conference on Legal Issues, ILIC 8
On February 1st, 2024, the Faculty of Law at Tishk International University held the 8th International Conference on Legal Issues, ILIC 8, in Erbil. This event saw the participation of 48 papers in the field of law, contributed by scholars from universities across the Kurdistan Region, Iraq, Morocco, Algeria, Jordan, Egypt, Bahrain, and Palestine. These papers are set to be published in the conference proceedings and will be featured on the official conference website.
The conference’s opening ceremony was held at Erbil Polytechnic University (EPU) and featured speeches by several distinguished figures:
- Dr. Idris Hadi, Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Tishk International University.
- Dr. Sultan T. Abu-Orabi, President of Tishk International University.
- Dr. Hussein Al-Balisani, Dean of the Faculty of Law at Tishk International University.
The event also welcomed five keynote speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Basim Mohammed Mulham, Dean of the Faculty of Law at Jordan University.
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Omer Almakhzoomi, Dean of the Faculty of Law at Al Zarqa University.
- Prof. Dr. Numan Ahmed, Lecturer at Amman Arab University.
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Osman Yaseen, Kurdistan Regional Justice Director.
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Abdulbasit Kareem, Former Iraqi Minister of Commerce.
The opening ceremony was graced by the presence of the Minister of Justice of the Kurdistan Regional Government, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, the Representative of the Governor of Erbil, researchers participating in the conference, the teaching and administrative staff of the Faculty of Law at TIU, and various guests. The event received extensive media coverage, highlighting its significance in the academic community. Following the opening ceremony, researchers had the opportunity to present their studies to the assembled attendees and conference participants.