Program Learning Outcomes
|By the end of this program, students will be able to:
1. Use and interpret the texts of Iraqi law in advising clients and resolving disputes.
2. Accurately identify the issue on appeal, judgement, procedural history, rules of law, reasoning and policy choices.
3. Identify the relationship between cases and statutes, and the appropriate uses of each in solving legal problems.
4. Use the basic theories and practice of legislative enactment and interpretation.
5. Identify and evaluate analogies and distinctions between facts in the sources of the rules and in scenario facts.
6. Discuss the main characteristics of Islamic law, including its resources, legal development and all the other legal issues which are connected to the Islamic law such as marriage and divorce.
7. Apply critical thinking with the current legal issues.
8. Manage legal research and technology offerings, including the use of electronic legal research databases.
9. Formulate effective briefing, note-taking, and drafting techniques.
10. Communicate effectively and work collaboratively within the context of a global society.